Event Risk Warning and Waiver
General Risk Warning
Competing in an orienteering event is subject to risks. These include death, serious injury or illness due to:
• rough terrain and obstacles;
• heat, cold or other adverse weather conditions;
• plant and animal life; and
• accidents with vehicles, other competitors or pedestrians.
There are also risks:
• that access to medical, evacuation or search services might be slow; and
• damage to, or loss of, your personal property.
I have read the general risk warning and the specific risk warning for this event. I am aware that orienteering is a recreational activity that can be dangerous, accept that there is a degree of risk and acknowledge that I participate in this event at my own risk.
I release Orienteering NSW, its affiliated clubs, members and all other parties associated with organising the event from any responsibility or legal liability associated with my presence at, and participation in, this orienteering event.
To the extent that the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 applies this release is limited to responsibility and legal liability for death or personal injury and does not apply to significant personal injury caused by reckless conduct by Orienteering NSW, its affiliated clubs, members and all other parties associated with organising the event.
1. I am aware there is no health, accident, ambulance, disability or life insurance provided.
2. I allow the free use of my name and photo in entry information, results, news, marketing and promotional material pertaining to the event or orienteering.
3. I will ensure that any children under my control at the event are appropriately supervised at all times. I acknowledge that parents and guardians are responsible for deciding whether their children are capable of orienteering by themselves at each event.